Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dammit dammit dammit AGAIN

What is the point of taking all this Emergen-C if I still get waylaid by the Yoga Cold? True, it consists of only a very sore throat and somewhat vexed sinuses, but honestly, I've been eating healthier than ever before in my long life. I should have enough defenses to ward off a nuclear bomb.
 
Mind you, I do practice strenuous yoga for three hours a day in the equivalent of a 10,000 square-foot Petri dish. I guess it's a virus's happiest place on earth. All right, then. I've whined enough. Bring on Week Four!

2 comments:

  1. hope you are getting better… sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, other Jane! I've always wanted to try Nim Jiom -- I'll head over to Hillcrest to get some today. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete